Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Day 20: Food blog!! Chili Lime Drumsticks with fried rice!

Day 20: Didn't feel well again today, but I made a YUMMY dinner tonight. Missed seeing my sis. Have to try again. Got to cook dinner for Cj, my mom, and my friend Clint tonight. Will be uploading tonight's recipe with more photos below Enjoy-


My recipe serves 4 (includes 3 drumsticks each, fried rice, and side of sauce) this meal also was less than a 1$ a serving! If you try please let me know how you liked it!


ingredients you will need: 
14 FAT drumsticks
Salt & pepper
4 table spoons of melted then cooled butter
a lime (for lime juice) you can also just buy some lime juice I like fresh squeezed myself =)
1 table spoon of chili powder ( I actually used a lil less ) 
1 table spoon of sugar (not pictured I forgot)
1 clove of garlic chopped ( i used pre-minced garlic in a jar )

First things first DO NOT FORGET TO DE-THAW YOUR CHICKEN way before its time to actually COOK dinner. =)


preheat the oven to 400 degrees. 


Making the Sauce:
Cut your lime in half 
Squeeze your lime juice into a bowl
 add your chili powder. 
I then added the melted butter (cooled), garlic, and sugar.
Rinse drumsticks, pat dry and season with salt and pepper. Place in a baking pan. Next  pour the sauce over drumsticks; turn them to coat. Cover with foil and bake for 50 mins (I 
ended up cooking ours for about an hour and 15 mins) 


Turning every so often and basting meat in the juices.  Let rest for 10 minutes, then serve hot; or let cool, cover and refrigerate to serve cold.

Also I served the YUMMY juice in little shot glasses for each plate! My friend liked pouring his sauce over the fried rice. I enjoyed dipping pieces of the chicken in it. Yumm!

2 comments:

  1. do i ever tell you that I LOVE THESE POSTS!
    so tasty and im always so hungry after lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know and Im sorry you dont have an oven... =( last nights meal wasnt oven cooked so you can do my next food post! =)

      Delete