Saturday, February 11, 2012


Day 11: 
Her lips on his could tell him better than all her stumbling words. 
-Margaret Mitchell
Today Cj and I both got to see our dads. Mine came down from Springfield and he went an visited his father. Amazing to see my papa and a surprise at that! =) 
I made my mommy's stew today for the first time. Below I will be posting pictures of my process and explaining the steps to the best of my abilities. I have been extra emotional the past few days, including today. Don't know what's gotten into me but I hope it fades. Photoshoot tomorrow. Excited!! While taking today's photo, Phoebe and Sookie decided to crash the first take. 
See here:

awesome job ladies! NOT!! =)
The stew was awesome btw! Let me know if you try it!




ingredients: potatoes, 2 cans of corn, 2 cans of mushroom, can of kidney beans, can of carrots, can of green beans, can of peas, 1 lb of ground beef, V8 juice or store brand, (like me, I'm cheap ha!) and lastly I added a fresh zucchini.


Now this is how I did it, it may be better for you to do it differently but for this blog post I'll just go with how I did it. Step 1: Peal your potatoes, use as many as you like I like to have a hefty amount so I use many if you don't want that much try using half as less. 


Step 2: cut your potatoes like so. Again I personally like big chunks of potatoes so I like them around this size. Go ahead while you have your knife out and chop up the zucchini the same way.


Step 3: Now brown your meat in your stew pot. I brown the meat with the potatoes alone to give the potatoes a jump start. 

Step 3: While meat is browning add seasonings to your liking I personally added the following: 
season salt, chili powder, garlic salt, salt, and I grind my own black pepper.


Step 4: add all the rest of your veggies:
zucchini, carrots, peas, corn, mushrooms, green beans, and kidney beans.


Final step: add desired V8 juice to stew (not all of it, taste it before adding too much. you can also add some the next day to make it not so thick) and cook on low until potatoes soften. add salt and pepper to taste. 

2 comments:

  1. omg! this looks so yummy!!!!! im totally going to try this :)

    ReplyDelete